[mythtv-users] Confused about video card

Micha Kersloot micha at kovoks.nl
Wed Dec 14 18:58:45 EST 2005

Hi,

Cymen Vig schreef:
> On 12/14/05, Micha Kersloot <micha at kovoks.nl> wrote:
>>I've found that the Ati card has quite a better quality output on my
>>Television (SVIDEO) than the NVidia card. On the other side, BOB isn't
>>working (a static 'screendump' flickering with the life stream) and i'm
>>unable to do anything with overscan and/or shifting the output to center
>>on my TV. Those functions are working on the nvidia card, but the
>>quality is like vhs video quality.
>>
>>After searching the mailinglists / web, it seems that the nvidia card
>>should be better, so i've got the feeling i'm doing something wrong
>>overhere. Is that true and can you give some hints?
>

> Have you adjusted any of the settings with the Nvidia configuration
> software for Linux (nvidia-settings)?

I've tried allmost all settings on that, and the best was a reasonable
quality. Is there a sort off ideal setting for the Nvidia with PAL? The
examples on the mailinglist seem to be tailord for NTSC.

> What is better about the ATI output compared to the Nvidia output? Is
> it the colors are more accurate? Less noise in the video? Something
> else? Quality is subjective so perhaps there is something you are
> seeing that others are not. I do have a Radeon card here so I am going
> to try comparing it to my Geforce 4 MX.

For example, the colors looked 'overdone' the bright colors where very
bright and the dimm colors all looked grayish (i hope you understand).
Also it looked a bit unsharp. But i've seen the same with the ATI if I
enable the deinterlacing options. But I can switch that off with the ati
without a visible impact (only the picture looks sharper).

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Micha Kersloot

Op de hoogte blijven? Schrijf je nu in voor de nieuwsbrief!
http://www.kovoks.nl/index.phtml?table=contactnbrf