[mythtv-users] Video distortion/fracturing at top quarter of screen

John Holland hallous at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 17:51:39 EST 2005

Ok,

After a couple of days I still see the problem cropping up.  It seems to be
happening after watching live tv for a while.  If I restart the frontend the
problem goes away for a while, but if I don't kill the front end and just
exit and reenter live tv the problem will appear much more quickly.

Could it be something with how much space I set aside for live tv?  What's
the usual recommended amount?  Currently I have 10GB set aside for live tv.
I'm encoding at 4800kbps.

On 12/10/05, John Andersen <jsamyth at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/10/05, Hallous <hallous at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> >  The problem is that after viewing live tv for a while (anywhere from 5
> min
> > to 5 hours) the top quarter of the screen becomes fractured/distorted,
> it's
>
> >  I'm pretty sure this is a recording issue either associated with the
> PVR
> > card or MythTv.  It's definitely not the TV-OUT, I can escape out of
> live-tv
> > and the screen is fine.
>

> Does it show when you do mplayer /dev/video0  ?
> I had the problem with my pvr-150mce untill I
> put in ivtv 0.4.1 and made double sure I got rid
> of all the old .ko files and ran depmod -ae so
> that only the newest drivers were found.
>
> Then I upgraded to the firmware recommend
> on the ivtvdriver.org site and the 150 is perfect now.
> Note there is a change in firmware nameing and
> location when you go to 0.4.1, but that puts you
> into good position for 0.5 when it becomes stable.

John Holland