[mythtv-users] Confused about video card

Micha Kersloot micha at kovoks.nl
Wed Dec 14 15:24:28 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm in the lucky possition to be able to test 2 different graphic cards
in my system. I'm living in the Netherlands (PAL) and using 0.18.1 release.

The two cards are a ATI Radeon RX9550 and a NVidia FX5200 both from MSI.
I'm using the fglrx driver for the ATI and the nvidia driver for the...
ehh nvidia ... card.

I've found that the Ati card has quite a better quality output on my
Television (SVIDEO) than the NVidia card. On the other side, BOB isn't
working (a static 'screendump' flickering with the life stream) and i'm
unable to do anything with overscan and/or shifting the output to center
on my TV. Those functions are working on the nvidia card, but the
quality is like vhs video quality.

After searching the mailinglists / web, it seems that the nvidia card
should be better, so i've got the feeling i'm doing something wrong
overhere. Is that true and can you give some hints?

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Micha Kersloot