[mythtv-users] EPG, Channel Selection, and Multiple Tuners... oh, and Data Sources too!

Matt Mossholder matt at mossholder.com
Tue Dec 13 23:45:14 EST 2005

For posterity, the way I ended up dealing with this, in the end, was
that I added a Zap2It! Lineup for Digital Cable from another Comcast
Head End,
in a different Zipcode, that had the HD channels I needed on the same
channel numbers. It would be nice if this could all be handled
internally in Myth... maybe rather than having a "Visible" flag in the
DB, we could have a "VisibleOn" row, that lists which tuners support the
channel.

>From the silence on my other question ("can the EPG force a tuner change
when a channel not present on the current tuner is selected"), I will
take it that the answer is "no".

    Thanks for the help, everyone!

        --Matt