[mythtv-users] EPG, Channel Selection, and Multiple Tuners... oh, and Data Sources too!

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Dec 13 21:43:00 EST 2005

Tom Lichti wrote:

> I have 4 tuner cards, and they all use the same zap2it source. There
> is nothing that says you can't use the same source twice, so I defined
> 4 sources in Myth, with the same datadirect account info, and
> connected them via the 4 different inputs I'm using. That might get
> you closer to what you want.

Shouldn't you define one source in Myth and attach the same source to
the 4 different inputs you're using?

It sounds like you're saying, "There is nothing that says you can't use
the same source twice," where you actually mean Zap2It lineup instead of
source, so you made 4 named video sources in Myth and assigned a
different one to each of your inputs.

However, the terminology you used is actually more correct than what it
seems you're saying--"There is nothing that says you can't use the same
[MythTV] source twice."  Therefore, you should really define one named
source in Myth and connect it to all your inputs.

Mike