[mythtv-users] EPG, Channel Selection, and Multiple Tuners... oh, and Data Sources too!

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Dec 13 17:38:38 EST 2005

Matt Mossholder wrote:
> Let me make sure I have it right... in mythtv-setup I define two
> separate data sources, using the same line up at Zap2It!, and then just
> turn off the channels that shouldn't exist within each lineup? If I'm
> following, that certainly sounds easier than my approach !

Possibly correct but let's clear up some terminology. At Zap2It!,
you need two of what they call "lineups" each with the same "provider".
For each lineup, you check and uncheck the boxes for the channels
you want to have in that set of channels that you are targeting for
your inputs.

One account can have up to four lineups. You could have one lineup for
the Cable "provider" and one for Digital Cable "provider" (even though
they are the same company ;-). You can not have two lineups for Cable.
In the past, some have gotten around this by using a different zipcode
and the same provider. However, the last time I tried this it didn't
work. Worst case is that you may have to create a second Zap2It!
account for your second lineup (for your second video source) using
the same zipcode and provider.

--  bjm