[mythtv-users] maxtor drive with buffer i/o errors...how to get data off?

anders smith 4nders at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 16:35:16 EST 2005

My main myth drive (a 200Gb Mator Diamond Max plus 9) suddenly
dissappeared from sight.
It was part of and LVM and formated with XFS. (I'm running FC3 based
on Wilsonets howto)
The system kept running except for mythbackend, it closed down and
that was how I found out.

I've tried fsck, gpart, fdisk and debugfs without luck.

None of them can get past a read error...here are a few lines from the output.
I get the same errors when I boot and use the abovementioned tools
---
end_request: I/O error, dev 03:45 (hdb), sector 0
dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
dma_intr: error=0x40 { UncorrectableError }
---
Luckily the drive is still under warrenty and I've just requested the
replacement from Maxtor.
It would be great to get all the programs off first, but unless
someone have here a hint of how I might do it, I'm screwed...

thanks
anders