[mythtv-users] Need help / suggestion for building a myth box

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 21:44:42 EST 2005

Your DirecTivo will not work as a backend.  Depending on the model, you
might be able to export recordings from it after extensive hacking, but
there probably isn't a solution you are going to like that will work with
your DirecTivo. (Full disclosure: I use a DirecTiVo for watching TV and a
MythTV system for tinkering - and in the hope that it will one day work
better than my DirecTivo.)

Regarding MythMusic, I'll refrain from saying anything as I have nothing
nice to say.  If there are users out there who listen to a lot of music (as
many hours/day as TV) and use MythMusic, I implore them to come forward and
share their success stories.

MythVideo/MythDVD are a very nice little combo for watching/ripping DVD's.
>From what I understand of your situation, I would recommend setting up a
MythBox as a DVD player/juke while retaining the DirecTiVo for TV.