[mythtv-users] Need help / suggestion for building a myth box

Mythtv Users_Group mythtv at elmss.com
Tue Dec 13 21:03:46 EST 2005

I'd like to build a Myth system. However, I'm not sure if I can build just a front-end system.

Here are my Goals

- Small Quiet system

- DVD / Music library (Main Goal)

       I'm tired of having my kid's man handle my DVD's and CD's

- Encode shows for my Pocket PC when I travel

- Use my Direct Tivo as my backend encoder (optional)

- DVD Burner to save shows

- Replace my old stereo system with a Myth system

       My Direct TV Tivo sound plays through my old Dolby Pro-Logic 5.1 via a RCA connection. No sound comes out of my TV

- I'd also like to use my Direct TV Tivo remote

       It has a switch for Satellite receiver or TV

Thanks in advance

-Matt