[mythtv-users] Manual Edit Of cutpoints

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 13:50:37 EST 2005

On 6/16/05, Brett May <brett.may at thalesatm.com> wrote:
> Hi Mudit,
>
> That works beautifully.  I had to change some of the code to point to
> the correct directories and comment out the delete original part as I
> wanted to keep the original file.  Reduced 9 hours (18G) of Film Clips
> to about 1 hour (2.8G) in about 3 mins on my EPIA 1GHZ, very impressive.

Bahh.. it also assumes root at localhost doesn't need a password.

[strace snippet]

read(3, "\377\25\4#28000Access denied for user "..., 71) = 71
shutdown(3, 2 /* send and receive */)   = 0
close(3)

ot at backend1 commercial_cut-0.6]# mysql mythconverg
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using
password: NO)

Time to hack it up and figure out how to make it ask for the password.
(unless someone else has done that already)