[mythtv-users] EPG, Channel Selection, and Multiple Tuners... oh, and Data Sources too!

Matt Mossholder matt at mossholder.com
Tue Dec 13 15:55:56 EST 2005

Hi all,
    Two questions that have been nagging at me....

    1) Is there a way to force a tuner change when the user selects a
channel in the EPG that isn't available on the current tuner?

    2) Is there a way to define a single input source, but only have
certain channels from the Input Source assigned to each card? I'm in the
US, using Zap2It! as a data provider, and have a situation where I need
to use an HD3000 card to pick up the HD stations, but want to use an
analog card for everything else (freaking Comcast is encrypting all the
digital channels except ETWN and Pennsylvania Cable TV Network). I can't
define two data sources as Digital Cable with Zap2It!, so what would be
the best way to ensure I have all the guide data? I was thinking of
defining another source in the DB, and then just copying  over the HD
channels from the existing source and marking the originals as
invisible....

        Thanks!

        --Matt