[mythtv-users] Xine audio output through PVR350 tv-out

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Dec 12 19:29:47 EST 2005

That certainly is the solution. The reason is because the Hauppauge
cards don't handle the audio stream of anything that's been
transcoded. It needs to go through the sound card. The solution below
makes it easy by piping all the audio (one way or another) through
your sound card so you don't have to worry about which device it's
coming from. Took me a little while to get the appropriate levels
down, but I've got it all working through ALSA.

Now if I can just get my transcoded TV to pipe audio through my sound
card instead of my PVR-350 (which can't handle it, so I get no audio
at all), it would be perfect. Basically, if I turn off Use PVR-350's
hardware decoder, I get no audio. Anyone have pointers on that?