[mythtv-users] DCT-6200 Firewire issue User Database

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 13:48:23 EST 2005

I'm trying to figure out the issue with this firewire thing. My laptop is
perfectly accurate when changing channels but my mythbox isn't. theres a
couple differences between the two though. Since this comes up so much as a
problem for people I want to start collecting information on the issue to see
if I can find out where the problem is.

Could anyone that is using firewire to control a Motorola DCT-6xxx series
cable box respond to me off list with the following info:
1. firewire chipset being used (lspci|grep FireWire)
2. your plugreport output for the Node connected to the DCT.
3. the output from a 6200ch -v channel change
4. Your Kernel (uname -r)
5. Your 'modinfo raw1394' output
6. your accuracy rate (0 - 5, 5=perfect channel changes, 0=numbers get
detected but rarely does it work).
7. a brief description of what your box does when you try and change channels.
I have a brief description of what happens to me below in the quoted email.

Hopefully we can figure this out and end the problem.

--
Steve