[mythtv-users] Multiple time zone scheduling question

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun Dec 11 15:18:03 EST 2005

Allan McIntosh wrote:
> Hey,
>
>    I have a satallite (ExpressVu) which offers many channels in many
> time zones too choose from when recording.  For example, typically I
> record  Grey's Anatomy every sunday at 7pm using "Record this program in
> this time slot every week."

Why? To what end? Record anytime on any channel and it will grab
the first convenient showing of each episode.

> Is "Record this program in this time slot every week." actually "Record
> this program in this time slot on this channel every week." or will myth
> find and record  on any channel this time slot ?

Actually, it's on this station so any channel with the same
callsign. IOW if I had a Weekslot for "The Apprentice" on KVBC,
it could use analog 3 KVBC or digital 123 KVBC.

> For most shows, new episodes appear on certain days of the week. Would

So what? There is no reason to use undue restraint. The only
reason to use a timeslot is to avoid considering other showings
at other time or from other stations (The Simpsons at 8pm Sunday's
on FOX for example).

> it be hard to add record option like "Find and record one showing of
> this title this day each week."?  This would also be nice because

kFindDaily and kFindWeekly were implemented long ago and are most
useful for shows with multiple broadcasts but no descriptions or
inconsistent descriptive info.

See: http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html

--  bjm