[mythtv-users] Is there any ordering dependency between transcodingand commflagging?

Mike Grusin mgrusin at comcast.net
Sun Dec 11 01:37:01 EST 2005

I do the same thing; record in MP2 and transcode to MP4. I vaguely remember
trying to comflag first and then transcode, and remember having some
problems (perhaps it forget the comflag information?).  Now I transcode THEN
comflag, and things work perfectly.  I'm new, so don't consider me an
authoritative source. ;)

"All" works very well for me here, using the above sequence.  I auto-skip,
but I don't destructively cut because there are rare times I want to check
back during the commercial (for "Next week on a very special E.R." mostly)
that it's worth keeping things intact.

What I'd like to know, is if there's an easy way to toggle auto-skip on and
off while watching a recording?  Rewinding into the commercial zone, you
have to be very careful not to hit that first "jump" or it helpfully
shuttles you around it again...

-MG.