[mythtv-users] Black and White S-Video Problem

Rich Schumacher richardschumacher at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 9 19:47:03 EST 2005

Hey all,

I've looked through the archives and have found the same problem as mine,
but the responses haven't corrected my situation.  I'm currently running a
GeForce2 with nvidia 7667 drivers on my frontend box using an s-video out to
my htdv.  Problem is it will only display black and white.  I get color
during boot up from the bios and FC 4's startup routine, but once it starts
x it seems to only display b&w.  I've messed around with xorg.conf a little
bit, but ended up going back towards the default config beacuse nothing
seemed to work.  I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what I could
be doing wrong?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Here is a couple snippets of my xorg.conf file:

# RgbPath is the location of the RGB database.  Note, this is the name of
the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db").  There is normally
# no need to change the default.
# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.
        RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
        ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/nvidia"
        ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions"
        ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
        FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "fbdevhw"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
        Load  "v4l"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "Unknown monitor"
        HorizSync    31.5 - 37.9
        VertRefresh  50.0 - 70.0
        Option      "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX (generic)"
        # TV  Out Setup
        Option      "RenderAccel" "1"
        Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
        Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
        Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     16
                Modes   "640x480"
                #Modes    "1024x720" "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     24
                Modes   "640x480"
                #Modes    "1024x720" "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "DRI"
        Group        0