[mythtv-users] Black and White S-Video Problem

Rich Schumacher richardschumacher at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 9 19:47:03 EST 2005

Hey all,

I've looked through the archives and have found the same problem as mine,
but the responses haven't corrected my situation.  I'm currently running a
GeForce2 with nvidia 7667 drivers on my frontend box using an s-video out to
my htdv.  Problem is it will only display black and white.  I get color
during boot up from the bios and FC 4's startup routine, but once it starts
x it seems to only display b&w.  I've messed around with xorg.conf a little
bit, but ended up going back towards the default config beacuse nothing
seemed to work.  I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what I could
be doing wrong?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Here is a couple snippets of my xorg.conf file:

# RgbPath is the location of the RGB database.  Note, this is the name of
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db").  There is normally
# no need to change the default.
# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.
        RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
        ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/nvidia"
        ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions"
        ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
        FontPath     "unix/:7100"

Section "Module"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "fbdevhw"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
        Load  "v4l"

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "Unknown monitor"
        HorizSync    31.5 - 37.9
        VertRefresh  50.0 - 70.0
        Option      "dpms"

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX (generic)"
        # TV  Out Setup
        Option      "RenderAccel" "1"
        Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
        Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
        Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     16
                Modes   "640x480"
                #Modes    "1024x720" "800x600" "640x480"
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     24
                Modes   "640x480"
                #Modes    "1024x720" "800x600" "640x480"

Section "DRI"
        Group        0
        Mode         0666