[mythtv-users] STAY AWAY FROM WI-FI !!!

mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk
Thu Dec 8 11:55:36 EST 2005

On Thursday 08 December 2005 15:56, Todd Houle wrote:
> I successfully use WiFi networking at home.  It was been working
> great except when the microwave is on or someone is using our
> cordless telephone.  I had it at 802.11b and it was a bit jumpy
> (until I lowered the quality).  When I moved to 802.11g, everything
> was great (as long as no phone or microwave).  This electric wire
> solution looks cool though.

FWIW I can play livetv/recordings over 802.11g to my laptop *but* only
reasonably reliably when I'm in the living room (which is also where the
802.11g) wireless router is. Upstairs I can connect and play but get
skips/pauses. Also there must be nothing else trying to use the connection
otherwise it skips.

For 'normal' use (surfing, ssh, vnc, rdc etc) it's fine but personally I'd
agree and avoid if you want good quality mythtv viewing.

Druid.