[mythtv-users] XvMC / xrandr

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Dec 7 11:31:36 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 09:02 +0100, Marius Schrecker wrote:
>   I compiled Mythtv from svn yesterday with no major problems. I'm
> using
> an X300 graphics card with the fglrx driver (sorry aboiut the closed
> source nature of this). I thought I had understood that this supports
> XvMC, and enabled it in ./config but when I looked at the output I saw
> that it had picked up the libxvmc intel library, so disabled it to be
> safe. The other surprise I got from ./config was that it didn't find
> xrandr, despite this being enabled and working on the system (X.org
> 6.82.dfsg.1-10).
You may need to install libxvmcw and put the name of your XvMC library
in '/etc/X11/XvMCConfig'. My XvMCConfig contains the following line:
libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1

I don't know if anyone has tried XvMC with the X300, but it should work
with the XvMCW library installed. The 'W' stands for 'Wrapper' and it
makes the various XvMC libraries look the same to MythTV and other
applications. You need to run ./configure again once it is installed,
and it should then find libXvMCW.

As for xrandr it should find it if the library is installed, but
you can look at ./configure to try to discover why it didn't. You
can't use xrandr with Xinerama, so if you have multiple monitors
you have to choose between the two extensions.

-- Daniel