[mythtv-users] Easiest installation?

Casey Dunn casey.dunn at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 7 03:10:29 EST 2005

I want myth to co-exist on my regular desktop PC.
I'm using Debian and the MythTV packages are currently
not maintained. I don't know how to tweak the source
or makefiles to compile, so is KnoppMyth my best

Debian or Ubuntu are your best option.  There are some
issues with the packages but, they are in the process
of being resolved (maintianership,
module-frontend/backend version mismatch).  18.1 is
very stable and works with both DVB and analog very

Probably should have asked what debian you're running...