[mythtv-users] Easiest installation?

Casey Dunn casey.dunn at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 7 03:10:29 EST 2005

-quote-
I want myth to co-exist on my regular desktop PC.
I'm using Debian and the MythTV packages are currently
not maintained. I don't know how to tweak the source
or makefiles to compile, so is KnoppMyth my best
options?
-quote-

Debian or Ubuntu are your best option.  There are some
issues with the packages but, they are in the process
of being resolved (maintianership,
module-frontend/backend version mismatch).  18.1 is
very stable and works with both DVB and analog very
well.

Probably should have asked what debian you're running...