[mythtv-users] Unwanted short pauses in playback (from 0.18.1 to current SVN)

Mark Kundinger mkundinger at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 4 13:07:02 EST 2005

--- Sasha Z <kleptophobiac at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been having a really annoying little problem with video playback
> for some number of months, but I've never been able to figure out
> what
> it is.
>
> The video stops, the audio stops, nothing happens. If I wait for a
> random number of second (1 to 15), it will usually come back right
> where it left off with no data loss. These little pauses usually
> occur
> in groups, usually once or twice in a recording.
>
> I'm going to playback one of these recordings through another
> computer
> on mplayer to see if it's the frontend or the recording itself. In
> the
> mean time, does anybody have experience with this problem?
>
> I record with one PVR-150MCE and one PVR-250MCE.

The closest problem I have (using SVN from a couple months ago) is a
playback issue where if my tuners stop recording simultaneously (a
PVR-250 and a Matrox Marvel G400), while I'm watching a third
recording, the recording I'm watching will begin to slow down and
stutter badly (audio and video).  I need to exit and re-watch the
recording then it works fine.

So, I guess to answer your question directly, no, I haven't seen your
problem. :(