[mythtv-users] 350 FB and Mame

Marty Ravell mythtv at rave-tech.com.au
Thu Dec 1 23:19:59 EST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Joe Votour
Sent: Friday, 2 December 2005 2:23 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] 350 FB and Mame

If you're using Xv, then MAME on the PVR-350
framebuffer is quite usable.  Of course, it depends on
the game also.

On my Athlon64 3200+, playing my favorite game, Mortal
Kombat II, I could get about 50fps on a GeForce
5200FX.  The same scenario on my PVR-350 would get me
about 40fps.

The only catch that you might have is that part of the
screen will be chopped off, unless you can play with
the geometry settings or something.  I never really
got to this part, since I switched back to the 5200FX.

-- Joe

How would you rate the performance of the 5200FX for video playback compared
with the hardware decoder output of the PVR350?

Marty