[mythtv-users] 350 FB and Mame

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 22:23:12 EST 2005

If you're using Xv, then MAME on the PVR-350
framebuffer is quite usable.  Of course, it depends on
the game also.

On my Athlon64 3200+, playing my favorite game, Mortal
Kombat II, I could get about 50fps on a GeForce
5200FX.  The same scenario on my PVR-350 would get me
about 40fps.

The only catch that you might have is that part of the
screen will be chopped off, unless you can play with
the geometry settings or something.  I never really
got to this part, since I switched back to the 5200FX.

-- Joe