[mythtv-users] 350 FB and Mame

Marty Ravell mythtv at rave-tech.com.au
Thu Dec 1 20:41:31 EST 2005

One of the last things that I have yet to get sorted with my rig is the
playing of Mame. I run an FC3 combined front and backend from Jarod's guide
(ATRPMs) with X on the framebuffer of a Hauppauge PVR-350 (PAL). MB is an
Intel with a 2.8GHz P4, 512Mb RAM and 500g of disk.

Video quality for recorded shows is of course excellent on the 350 and it is
for this reason that I am resisting the idea of going to a normal video card
with TV out.

Is Mame over the 350's framebuffer viable? Are there any good guides to
getting it setup?

Regards
Marty