[mythtv-users] Re: yet another mythtv theme "RETRO"

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 22:48:05 EST 2005

--- gerhard aldorf <gerhard at aldorf.no> wrote:

> > Love the direction of the OSD. Whats the
> direction/intent for the theme
> > though? Retro makes me think old style stereo
> equipment, this just looks
> > like old pictures?
> My intent was to make a simple and clean theme pluss
> I do like old rettro
> equipments from the estetics of it. All watermarks
> er made  in 3D. The OSD is
> something I did a long time ago and you might have
> it allready installed on
> you system.
> > I like the looks of that theme very much.  It's
> > simple, but elegant.
> >
> > Is there a particular Qt theme that you recommend
> > using with it?  Also, the font, is that a TrueType
> > font from Windows (it looks like Franklin Gothic
> > Medium).
> >
> > -- Joe
> >
> The "screenshots" er photoshop mockups with Franklin
> Gothic. The fonts
> actually used  are the ones that come with mythtv, I
> will look into that
> later. Suggestions for fonts are welcome I'm not
> good with  fonts. I do 3D
> animations and motion graphics, mostly for TV.
> Gerhard

While the DirecTV signal is on the fritz because of
the pouring rain here, I decided to look into the font
issue myself.  I changed the font to Franklin Gothic
Medium, and it looks pretty good.  I think that the
program guide actually looks better in Franklin Gothic
than Trebuchet MS, but I suppose that's a personal

Regardless of the font used, the items in the main
menu are a bit small.  Perhaps in exchange for the
smaller text, you can put more items on the screen?

-- Joe

Yahoo! DSL  Something to write home about.
Just $16.99/mo. or less.