[mythtv-users] Gentoo n00b needing advice!

Gabriel Schønau Hansen gabriel at schoenau.dk
Thu Dec 1 18:05:39 EST 2005

Thanks a bunch, guys, ur the best!

I think, I’m about to start over completely, as my MySql emerges just
doesn’t want to work. Im definitely trying out Steve’s LOVELY wikiguide,
I’ll deffo give feedback on that.

Thanks on clearing up the KDE-unneeded-issue! Regarding all the auto-startup
problems and solutions, all I ever really want at the end of the day is to
be able to quit mythtv and go to a console to update/edit system config
(like, for adding new hardrdive or whatnot) without mythtv restarting
immediately after quitting. Or, even better, have a console WITHIN mythtv!
:-)

Man, I’m learning here, thanks for the kind words, Nedim! :-) I’ll deffo try
and be more precise/specific/concrete in my – unavoidably – future
questions!

Again, TIA,

/Gabriel

  _____