[mythtv-users] Live TV

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 08:54:44 UTC 2005

On 8/22/05, Justin & Debbie <jdaland at tpg.com.au> wrote:
> Hi Nick/Dewey,
>
> My knowledge of software and landguages is quite good, but my knowledge of
> linux is very limited.
>
> I have been checking the forum and have come across various posts on similar
> things and suspect mine is a combination of a number of possible problems.
> Where are the log files kept for mythtv frontend and the devices.
>
> I do not know how to run a temrinal sesion to record live tv. An example
> would be great - i am in Brisbane australia
>
> Nick you mention dvbscan - how do i do that ??

Justin,

Have a look at the following resource and see if it helps at all. It
covers most aspects of getting DVB up and running in MythTV:

http://www.ethics-gradient.net/myth/mythdvb.html

The process is similiar in Australia for setting up DVB, so it should
help you along. If you want to post your /etc/modprobe.conf file and
output of dmesg when your DVB drivers are loaded it might be useful.

I would also start the frontend with verbose logging (-vv I think) to
see if this gives any more pointers.

HTH,
Nick