[mythtv-users] HowTo fix broken MPEG2 recording with ProjectX?

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Thu Aug 18 21:32:08 UTC 2005

HI!

Cory Papenfuss wrote:
>>> Do not touch the MPEG file before you pass it to ProjectX as this is
>>
>> I didn't. Original .nuv is OK. After demuxing this with ProjectX
>> default settings and muxing again with mplex, audio is off sync.
>>
>     I don't know that I've heard of anyone with sync problems with
> ProjectX.  Have you made sure the original doesn't have troubles before
> demuxing?

Yes.

>     Also, you may try the non-demux option of ProjectX.  I think they
> call it "M2P" for MPEG2 Program Stream.  Is it an ivtv stream?  Just
> making sure it's not DVB.

Yes, it's ivtv. And I never had this problem before. I usually record,
then load in avidemux, edit, save video and audio seperately and mplex
them. Always OK.

So, now I ran the problematic file through ProjectX non-demux M2P. The
resulting MPEG2 file is still OK.

Then I load it into avidemux and save video and audio seperately (no
cutting yet) and mplex it and it is out of sync after about 20 minutes
(seems after the first bad signal). It's OK in the beginning and then
it's off by 3 seconds or so.

So, ProjectX did not repair it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!