[mythtv-users] HowTo fix broken MPEG2 recording with ProjectX?
Cory Papenfuss
papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Thu Aug 18 21:59:16 UTC 2005
>> Also, you may try the non-demux option of ProjectX. I think they call
>> it "M2P" for MPEG2 Program Stream. Is it an ivtv stream? Just making sure
>> it's not DVB.
>
> Yes, it's ivtv. And I never had this problem before. I usually record, then
> load in avidemux, edit, save video and audio seperately and mplex them.
> Always OK.
>
> So, now I ran the problematic file through ProjectX non-demux M2P. The
> resulting MPEG2 file is still OK.
>
> Then I load it into avidemux and save video and audio seperately (no cutting
> yet) and mplex it and it is out of sync after about 20 minutes (seems after
> the first bad signal). It's OK in the beginning and then it's off by 3
> seconds or so.
>
> So, ProjectX did not repair it.
>
I'm not sure what to say. I *do* recall something in ProjectX
about only the demux output options are processed with XXX (don't remember
what the XXX is, but my gut recollection is sync fixups). Since that was
your original complaint, I don't know.
Do you get any weird errors when you mux them back together? I've
seen some funky messages sometimes that may or may not affect the output.
Also, you could potentially try different muxers (mplex, dvb-mplex,
tmplex, etc).
Don't know what to tell you. I haven't played too much with
ProjectX, other than to see that it's more reliable than anything else
I've found.
-Cory
--
*************************************************************************
* Cory Papenfuss *
* Electrical Engineering candidate Ph.D. graduate student *
* Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University *
*************************************************************************
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list