[mythtv-users] I'm so frustrated. (PVR-500)

Richard Bronosky mythtv at bronosky.com
Thu Aug 18 17:30:19 UTC 2005

So I tried to buy hardware specifically to have a good MythTV
experience.  ( See setup here http://www.bronosky.com/index.php?p=21 )
I have obviously failed.

I've installed KnoppMyth R5A16, and followed these instructions for ivtv
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4822#28248  I used
ivtv-0.3.7d.  I got HcwMakoA.ROM & HcwFalcn.rom off of the latest CD
posted on http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/support/support_mce.html

I'm getting the "reddish static fade in, fade out" problem.  I'm hearing
people talk about loading the ivtv module with different parameters.  I
don't know what loading a module is, or how to change parameters.  I
hear people talking about modules.conf and modprobe.conf...

This is just too much for me to figure out right now.  I don't feel like
I know enough to know what I need to learn.  I'm not dead set on
KnoppMyth, but I am dead set on the hardware described above.  Can
someone please tell me the easiest way to get a viewable video signal
from a PVR-500 using mplayer or something?  I just need a little victory
to feel good about this project again.

--

	Thank you for your time,
	--==<< R i c h a r d   B r o n o s k y >>==--

Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use Microsoft internet
products.  Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer &
Outlook/Outlook Express.