[mythtv-users] Channels on multiple video sources

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 05:21:10 UTC 2005

Is there any way to specify that a particular channel appears on
multiple video sources? Or alternatively that more than one video
source are available on a particular capture card input?

I have a dual tuner setup capable of recording the local satelite TV
transmissions and FTA broadcasts. The satelite transmission also
includes most of the FTA channels so I can record these through both
inputs (which is handy for recording two things at once). Currently I
have those channels duplicated so they appear twice in the EPG and I
have to pick which one I want to record from. What I'd like is for
those channels to appear only once and for MythTV to use which input
is spare when recording from them (favouring the satelite source as
that's better quality).

Steve