[mythtv-users] real format of .nuv from DVB-T card (mpeg2 with no header?)

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Mon Aug 15 12:53:48 UTC 2005

Jens Baumeister wrote:

>On 8/15/05, Ian Ward <support at cyberpro.com.au> wrote:
>

>>Hey there.  my setup - Mythtv 18.1 with DVB-T cards in Sydney.
>>I recorded some shows for a friend, then said I would put the shows on DVD.
>>Boy, do I regret that.
>>I cannot believe how @#$ hard this is ( especially using bloody Windows )
>>

>Easiest Linux-only way I know off:
>
>1. Use ProjectX (http://sourceforge.net/projects/project-x ) to demux
>the DVB stream / cut out commercials I do this via X11, but I've seen
>a CLI-way to use it somewhere in the archives.
>

>2. Use mplex to bring the streams back together:
>mplex -f 8 -o xyz.mpg xyz.m2v xyz.mp2

Here's what I don't understand.  You demuxed it, edited it, then remuxed
it.  But wasn't it mpeg2 to start with?  If I don't want to edit it, can
I skip these steps somehow?   Do I have to do this, just to get that
header that DVDstyler was complaining about. nuvexport seems to achieve
this, but seems to force a reconvert in the process - hence it is slow.

>3. copy the resulting mpg into a DVD file system with dvdauthor:
>dvdauthor -o DVD xyz.mpg
>
>4. Repeat 1-3 until you have all the stuff you want on the DVD
>
>5. Finalize the DVD file system:
>dvdauthor -T -o DVD
>
>6. Put a blankDVD in your DVD writer and burn the stuff:
>growisofs -Z /dev/WHATEVER-YOUR-DVD-WRITER-IS -dvd-video DVD

I use DVDstyler on stuff I have nuvexported with good results, then just
burn the resulting iso with K3B.