[mythtv-users] Experiences with XvMC
Brad Fuller
bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 20:10:00 UTC 2005
Todd Ignasiak wrote:
>Is there anywhere all of this current status info is covered? The
>K8M800 has "Unichrome Pro" integrated graphics, and I see mentions of
>XvMC support for Unichrome Pro. But, will these two work together?
>
>
Yeah, it would be nice to know more about this.
I have a K8M800-MLVF and I couldn't get the video working on itat all
for Mythtv l(ast october.) So, I got a cheap MX440 board with SVideo and
used that.
I still have FC2 running on it but will upgrade soon.
The K8M800 doc states the following for the Onboard Graphics features:
Integraded UniChrome2 3D/2D graphics controller
Integrated S3 Graphics with 2D/3D acceleration
no mention about "Unichrome Pro" nor MPEG2.
brad
>
>
>On 8/2/05, David Collett <david.collett at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>>BEWARE:
>>
>>
>>
>>>decoding. From the unichrome sourceforge project site says: "It
>>>provides support for VIA CLE266 and KM400/KN400. K8M800 and
>>>PM800/CN400 support is still limited." I'm not sure if that
>>>statement is up to date. I have seen messages from people using the
>>>CN400.
>>>
>>>
>>That statement is refering to the Unichrome X driver, NOT XvMC
>>specifically, the next paragraph refers to Unichrome XvMC, and only
>>explicitly mentions CLE266.
>>
>>I have a KM400, which is a great board for the price, but it does not
>>have MPEG2 hardware accel (XvMC). It does have working Xv, though it
>>is still a relatively new driver and may not work out-of-the-box in
>>some distributions.
>>
>>Dave
>>
>>
>>
>_______________________________________________
>mythtv-users mailing list
>mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>
>
>
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list