[mythtv-users] iomega buz card

Robert Anderson riznob at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 23:45:52 UTC 2005

My current setup uses a cheap bt878 tuner card and gets descent
picture quality, at best. I have digital cable also, so I use the
cable box as an external tuner. I was thinking of getting a PVR-150,
or 250, but then I thought, all I really want is hardware compression,
so why not use a buz card? I searched the list and found a post from
Jonathan Oexner:

"I use an Iomega Buz card for the
capture, an X-10 RF remote to control the sucker and a Redrat IR
transmitter to control my "external tuner"  ;)  Works like a charm,
although I had to write a bit of glue code to get everything playing
together nicely.
"

Jonathan (or anyone else who can help): What sort of "glue code" are
you talking about? Scripting? Programs? Anything you can share about
this type of setup is appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Rob Anderson