[mythtv-users] iomega buz card

Nick Tan nick at wehi.edu.au
Fri Apr 29 00:13:15 UTC 2005

I used an Iomega Buz for a while.  It worked quite well and the picture
quality was good (only with high bitrates though), but the size of the
resulting files were huge.  I think it was about 7GB/hour.  I guess you
could transcode them down, but I went and bought a PVR250MCE instead.

It was a while ago, but I think it was a bit tricky to get going.  You
need to use the zoran driver with video4linux, but I can't remember
what I had to do specifically to get it working.  Look at
http://mjpeg.sourceforge.net/ for good information though.

As for 'glue code', I didn't need any (aside from a channel changer
script to control my cable box).  MythTV support MJPEG cards directly,
so just select that as your capture source.

Hope this helps.

Nick