[mythtv-users] Noob Solves Own Problems... Film at 11.

Gavin Haslett gavin at nodecaf.net
Wed Apr 27 23:10:31 UTC 2005

Well, I didn't get any response from the list unfortunately, but I
figured I'd report that I have apparently had success fixing the random
loss of mythbackend that I reported a couple of days ago. Don't know if
it was a corrupted installation, or something in MythTV 0.17 but I
upgraded it to 0.18 and all was fine. Oh, I did lose my OSD for a bit
before I realized that I had it set to the Titvillus-OSD theme that
isn't in the RPM's I apt-got :)

Now, I can't say for definite this was ALL the problem, I do have to say
that on the same day I did the upgrade to 0.18 I also upgraded the RAM
to 768M from 256 that I had before, but not sure that should've made a
difference.

I do have one other problem though; I can't for the life of me get XvMC
to work efficiently. When I enable it, it looks damned good... But then
every few seconds the feed hiccups and continues... Repeat as necessary.
I realize that my machine is slow (Athlon 800) compared to many, but
it's fast enough to play live TV well enough (not HD), so XvMC should be
a non-issue... But I WOULD like to have more cycles to devote to
transcoding IYSWIM :)

Well, any thoughts on this would be welcome... But let me just say that
I'm WELL impressed with the product to-date.

Gavin