[mythtv-users] Re: PVR-250 is hot! hot! hot!

Micah Wedemeyer fanmail at micah-wedemeyer.net
Fri Apr 22 21:57:26 UTC 2005

Thanks for all the good input from people.  I guess I'll just have to see if I
can reach an acceptable balance between noise and airflow.  I've got a few
ideas, but I'm afraid I will just have to crank the 60mm fans on the back up to
speed.  As we all know 60mm fans are just plain noisy.

Does anyone here have their Myth box inside an armoire or A/V cabinet?  How do
you keep it from overheating?  That is my main problem, I think.  It sits in my
TV armoire and stews in its own juices, rather than being in the open air that
circulates at least a little.  I asked my wife if we could put it on top of the
armoire, but she said she'd rather deal with the noise of the fans on high.

Anyways, I might try to post some pics of my system layout for recommendations
on cooling, but you'll all laugh at my horrible cable routing, so maybe not. :)

Micah