[mythtv-users] Firewire with Shaw Cable in Western Canada

Ian Trider iantri at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 20:02:20 UTC 2005

On 4/10/05, Greg Miller <gregs_lists at millernet.ca> wrote:
> Has anyone tried to connect to a Shaw cable box with firewire? I sent them
> an email asking if their boxes supported firewire. The first reply indicated
> that the firewire ports on their boxes were active but not supported by
> shaw. I asked them another question and they replyed saying the the firwire
> ports were not active.
>
> I get the impression that the ports are working but they are afraid that
> someone may consume 5 minutes of their time asking a question.
>
> I don't even care about HD, I just want high quality regular tv.

Check the Digital Home Canada forums
(http://www.digitalhomecanada.com) -- they are most likely to know.
The answer, it seems, depends on where you are located specifically
and which model you have.

However, the Firewire output only outputs the raw MPEG transport
stream, so if you tune to an analog channel you'll get nothing out.
The premium and diginet SD channels should put out a signal, though.

--
Ian Trider
iantri at gmail.com