[mythtv-users] QT 3.3.4 and highlighted buttons

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Apr 5 21:34:17 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 05 April 2005 14:14, Dan Littlejohn wrote:
> Maybe a third list should get created - mythtv-newbie
>
> Then folks would not be afraid to ask "I have no idea how to do this /
> off topic questions" without shame.  This would help the community by
> helping newbies learn how to fix their boxes and people could be
> directed off this list there that ask those questions.  I know I
> myself would use it.  There are other lists, but people know stuff
> here and that is gold.

The big problem with a -newbie list is this: who's going to answer the
questions? Its kinda like the blind leading the blind. I think Isaac is on
the money: people need to read before posting. I don't suggest reading all
your Myth email before posting (because there's a lot), but everyone, please
search the mailing list archive before posting! That should head off things
like 100 different Qt-highlighted-button threads.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...