[mythtv-users] msp3400.[k]o provided by both v4l and ivtv => conflict

fenston-myth at san.rr.com fenston-myth at san.rr.com
Fri Sep 24 16:59:29 EDT 2004

Hello,

This is the newbie again with the PVR-350 card and the "proud" owner of the type 47 LG NTSC (TAPE series) tuner.

Axel Thimm wrote:

"Until I get this fixed get the rpm manually and install with rpm --force -ihv."

Based on the info below should I be backing up this msp3400.ko file and then copying it back or am I officially in unsupported land?  I suspect the result of this is that I have some chance of getting video but my sound will break?

Should I kick back for awhile until this is resolved?  I am humbly at the mercy of the mythtv/ivtv gurus!  Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

-Mike F.