[mythtv-users] MythTV and DISH - a great solution

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Sep 23 13:21:52 EDT 2004

> 	Is that able to control more than one satellite receiver if they
> are on separate remote addresses?  What's the total number of devices that
> it can control?  I'm looking to connect three receivers to a myth box with
> three pvr250s.  I am trying to determine the best options to control each
> receiver without screwing up one of the others.  Thanks.

Build your own -- about $8 in parts (each) from radio shack:

http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/mythtv-info/MythTV_DISH_IR_LED_TX_via_Modified_LIRC.html

The "simple" transmitters have a VERY short range.  You should be able
to tape them (with opaque tape like the new goo-less 3m electrical tape)
to the front of your receivers and not interfere with each other.

-Chris