[mythtv-users] MythVideo 0.16 problems....

Donavan Stanley GeckoFiend at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 06:19:18 EDT 2004

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 03:06:15 -0400, Don Cramer <don at donstoys.com> wrote:

> Upgraded to the latest version of myth the day it was released, for the most part is is
> great with the exception of a few things that I can not seem to resolve.

Did you compile it yourself, or grab a prebuilt?  If you compiled
yourself you might want to grab CVS.  The CVS version allows you to
set a default filter for each view, so that you can hide
non-browseable in the browse view but show them in other views.

> I have alot of avi movies that are split over two files (video_cd1.avi and video_cd2.avi for
> example). In mythvideo 15 I set cd1 to play cd2 next and would set cd2 "Include while
> Browsing" unchecked so it would not show up in the video browser. Worked flawlessly.

Press the MENU button on your remote and change the video filter being
used to not show you non-browseable files.  Save that filter as the
default and they're gone until you change the filter again.

There *is* a bug in the video browser that will prevent child videos
from being played.  The child videos should play fine from the tree
view or gallery view but the browse view is borked.  This has also
been fixed in CVS.