[mythtv-users] cannot find -lqt

Ryan A. Carris racarris at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 20:03:51 EDT 2004

I'm trying to upgrade my Myth 0.15 system to .016, but am getting the
following error:

$ make
g++  -o settings    -L/usr/lib/qt3/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lqt -lXext -lX11 -lm
/usr//bin/ld: cannot find -lqt
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [settings] Error 1

This is a Mandrake 9.1 system that is working great.  I built 0.15
from source  without problems (and all versions since .07) using the
Offical Howto.  I figured that this was a QT problem, and have double
checked that I have my path set.  I also used the update util to get
update QT to 3.1.1.

I've also tried to compile CVS and get the same problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.