[mythtv-users] mouse pointer in the center of the screen

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Sep 20 12:36:17 EDT 2004

On 09/18/2004 06:24 PM, James Tyson wrote:

> hi there.
>
> I'm using mythfrontend 0.16 with ratpoison, and it works real nice (no
> more keyboard focus problems when shelling out to external apps), but
> after playing some mame last night from mythgame the mouse pointer is
> now back in the center of the screen.
>
> If it can't be hidden is there at least a way to move it to a corner
> or something?

See my post at:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/82722#82722

Just modify the script to end up at the coordinates you want (and feel
free to do away with the little box I made--you only need one
MotionNotify event).  Currently, the cursor stops at (320,240), but you
can pick any position you want.  If you have focus issues, make sure the
cursor is within the mythfrontend window.  By choosing a coordinate at
the lower left-hand corner of your screen, you can probably put the
cursor outside the visible area of the screen while still keeping the
"hot point" within the mythfrontend window (maybe losing one pixel of
video, or none if your signal is overscanned).

Mike