[mythtv-users] Re: Config Files for PVR-350 on FC?

aohmer at cox.net aohmer at cox.net
Fri Sep 17 10:52:53 EDT 2004

I have FC2 up and running with my pvr-350, in fact I got it to finally work this morning! I found that I had to manually load up stuff.

So I did the following before switching over to this xorg.conf file (I have a pre-350 file that I use, so I can use my monitor).

/sbin/modprobe ivtv
/sbin/modprobe ivtv_fb

I had to grab the ivtvdev driver, so if you don't have that you will need that as well.

Once I had that stuff loaded, I switched over to the other xorg.conf file and restarted x. Now I am not saying that's the best way, but it worked for me :)

Here is my modprobe.conf and xorg.conf files.

alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
alias eth0 forcedeth
alias snd-card-0 snd-cmipci
install snd-cmipci /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-cmipci && /usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-cmipci { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-cmipci
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 ohci-hcd
# nvidia kernel module
alias char-major-195 nvidia-1_0-6111
# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv

the whole xorg.conf
# XFree86 4 configuration created by pyxf86config

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Default Layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"

Section "Files"

# RgbPath is the location of the RGB database.  Note, this is the name of the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db").  There is normally
# no need to change the default.
# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.
        RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
        ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/nvidia"
        ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions"
        ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
        FontPath     "unix/:7100"

Section "Module"
        Load "v4l"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"
        #oad  "fbdevhw"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"

Section "InputDevice"

# Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
#       Option  "Xleds"         "1 2 3"
# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
#       Option  "XkbDisable"
# To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
# lines below (which are the defaults).  For example, for a non-U.S.
# keyboard, you will probably want to use:
# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
#       Option  "XkbModel"      "microsoft"
# Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
#       Option  "XkbLayout"     "de"
# or:
#       Option  "XkbLayout"     "de"
#       Option  "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
# If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
# control keys, use:
#       Option  "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:swapcaps"
# Or if you just want both to be control, use:
#       Option  "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:nocaps"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"
        Option      "XkbRules" "xfree86"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"

Section "InputDevice"

# If the normal CorePointer mouse is not a USB mouse then
# this input device can be used in AlwaysCore mode to let you
# also use USB mice at the same time.
        Identifier  "DevInputMice"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier  "NTSC Monitor"
        HorizSync  30-68
        VertRefresh 50-120
        Mode "720x480"
          # D: 34.563 MHz, H: 37.244 kHz, V: 73.897 Hz
          DotClock 34.564
          HTimings 720 752 840 928
          VTimings 480 484 488 504
          Flags    "-HSync" "-VSync"

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Hauppauge PVR 350 iTVC15 Framebuffer"
        Driver      "ivtvdev"
        #Driver      "fbdev"
        ### change fb0 to whatever your card grabbed
        Option      "fbdev" "/dev/fb0"

        ### change the BusID to whatever is reported by lspci, specify it as hex.

        BusID "0:0x0a"

Section "Screen"
        Identifier  "Screen0"
        Device      "Hauppauge PVR 350 iTVC15 Framebuffer"
        Monitor     "NTSC Monitor"
        DefaultDepth 24
        DefaultFbbpp 32
        Subsection "Display"