[mythtv-users] Re: Config Files for PVR-350 on FC?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Sep 17 12:39:10 EDT 2004

On Friday 17 September 2004 07:52, aohmer at cox.net wrote:
> I have FC2 up and running with my pvr-350, in fact I got it to finally work
> this morning! I found that I had to manually load up stuff.
>
> So I did the following before switching over to this xorg.conf file (I have
> a pre-350 file that I use, so I can use my monitor).
>
> /sbin/modprobe ivtv
> /sbin/modprobe ivtv_fb
>
> I had to grab the ivtvdev driver, so if you don't have that you will need
> that as well.
>
> Once I had that stuff loaded, I switched over to the other xorg.conf file
> and restarted x. Now I am not saying that's the best way, but it worked for
> me :)
>
> Here is my modprobe.conf and xorg.conf files.
>
> modprobe.conf
>
> alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
> alias eth0 forcedeth
> alias snd-card-0 snd-cmipci
> install snd-cmipci /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-cmipci &&
> /usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || : remove snd-cmipci {
> /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r
> --ignore-remove snd-cmipci alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
> alias usb-controller1 ohci-hcd
> # nvidia kernel module
> alias char-major-195 nvidia-1_0-6111
> # ivtv modules setup
> alias char-major-81 videodev
> alias char-major-81-0 ivtv

In theory, adding this to your modprobe.conf should auto-load the framebuffer
(all on one line):

install ivtv /sbin/modprobe msp3400 saa7115 tuner v4l1-compat; /sbin/modprobe
--ignore-install ivtv; /sbin/modprobe ivtv-fb

(as well as make sure all the other stuff is loaded).

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...