[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase Fails (UK)

David myth at dgreaves.com
Fri Sep 17 10:24:15 EDT 2004

rowan crane wrote:

>Hi all
>
>The above was working fine until about a week ago - when it stopped retrieving
>program data successfully. I've just run the update to 1.6 and am still having
>no joy.
>
>Mythtv status page reports the following
>
>Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2004-09-17 14:38 and ended on 2004-09-17
>14:38. FAILED: xmltv returned error code 65280.
>
>When i try and run it from a terminal it cycles through the days - each showing
>a "Error in 4:166: unexpected end of file" - eventually exiting with the message
>and a rather unhelpful "Failed to fetch some program info".
>
>I'm using the tv_grab_uk_rt (United kingdom alternative)
>
>Is anyone else having any problems with this? I've edited to use slow mode and
>get categories but in the past this has given me no problems.
>
>TIA
>
>RC

The radio times have blocked access to the grabber.
They have however approached the xmltv developers and asked how they can
make it more efficient.
That was a few days ago.
There's been no public activity yet.

There have been patches floating around that 'work around' this problem.
IMHO, at the moment, that's the worst thing we could do as it risks
compromising the efforts being made by the xmltv people.

It's worth noting that the RT chappy wanted to offer a more efficient
solution (his words) - imagine a direct xmltv feed from the BBC. Now
that would be nice and reliable - and probably hundreds of times quicker
than the current system - something to dream about until there's a bit
more progress...

Search the archives for more.

David
PS, yes it affects me too!!!