[mythtv-users] insmod ivtv.o problem - bus mastering not enabled

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Sun Sep 12 17:59:07 EDT 2004

While loading the ivtv drivers for my new Hauppauge pvr-350, I get an
error on insmod ivtv.o

modprobe i2c-core - works fine
modprobe i2c-algo-bit  - works fine
modprobe tuner type=2  - works fine
modprobe msp3400  - works fine
modprobe videodev  - works fine
insmod saa7115.o  - works fine
insmod ivtv.o  - fails with:

ivtv.o: init_module: No such device
ivtv.o: Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module
parameters, including invalid
IO or IRQ parameters.  You may find more information in syslog or the
output from dmesg

But, lspci -v finds the hardware:

00:09.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC15
MPEG-2 Enc
oder (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV PVR-350
        Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 5
        Memory at 18000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]

and dmesg shows an error:

PCI: Found IRQ 5 for device 00:09.0
ivtv: Bus Mastering is not enabled
ivtv: Error -6 on init
ivtv: Error detecting PCI card
ivtv: version 0.1.9 (release) loading
ivtv: SGarray_size = 340, DSGarray_size = 16
ivtv: Found an iTVC15 based chip
PCI: Found IRQ 5 for device 00:09.0
ivtv: Bus Mastering is not enabled
ivtv: Error -6 on init
ivtv: Error detecting PCI card

- ivtv: Bus Mastering is not enabled  -- appears to be the problem

Anyone know how to enable bus-mastering?  Is this a motherboard thing,
or do I need to change some parameters on ivtv (where do I change
parameters)?  It's already installed in the pci slot next to the agp
port (tried other ports, but made no difference).  Any ideas on where to
look?  Thanks

Don