[mythtv-users] insmod ivtv.o problem - bus mastering not enabled

John P. Mitchell john at cepros.com
Sun Sep 12 20:33:58 EDT 2004

Don,

   I have run into two things that might help you out. Look for options in
the the BIOS that refer to Bus Master(s|ing) and turn them on. Make
notes on your changes to the BIOS in the event that a setting does
nothing or makes things worse. Helps with the diagnosis, resolution,
and not introducing other issues. Also, some motherboards seem to have
trouble with certain cards in certain PCI slots. You might try
shuffling the cards in your machine around and see if that helps as
well. Again make notes if you have more than a single card in the
machine. I have an Athlon board that will only behave correctly with
the ethernet card in a certain slot and the sound card in a certain
slot, any other slot/card combination and I get strange results. This
seems to be becoming less of an issue now days though.