[mythtv-users] re: Stutter with a P3 933Mhz! Gezzz - more STUTTER!

Adam Felson a.f.5 at pobox.com
Thu Sep 2 11:31:40 EDT 2004

On Aug 31, 2004, 7:12 AM, homepagez at lycos wrote:
        Stutter with a P3 933Mhz! Gezzz - more STUTTER!
        Well - after upgrading my P3 500Mhz CPU to a P3 933Mhz the
        stutter is better while playing live NTSC TV - but it's still
        there during live-tv. I have to hit "p" (pause) and then
        un-pause it to remove all stutter.

        What is the min footprint for a MythTV frontend????
        Frontend:
        - P3 933M (256M)
        - some old nVidia card (AGP card)
        - Latest CVS of MythTV)
        - 100Mbps NIC

What videoboard is that?  Do you have nvidia's drivers installed?  Myth
requires hardware acceleration for framebuffer scaling.  Without the
hardware, you'll be lucky if you can do 10-15 frames/second.

--
Adam Felson <a.f.5 at pobox.com>