[mythtv-users] install ivtv for pvr 350 in Mandrake 10

Bill Chmura Bill at Explosivo.com
Tue Oct 26 22:01:30 UTC 2004

See injected below:

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 05:49 pm, Dave Ashmore wrote:
> I was hoping someone could tell me how to get this card working on MDK 10.
> I googled but came across different stuff.
> What kernel should I use? 2.6X or 2.4x
I'd say try 2.6 first as it has some advantages over 2.4, but I am not sure
that it really matters much in the end.

> What ivtv driver?
I personally use a CK driver, but whatever you can get working is good.

> How do I do it.
> I have a $1000 box just waiting to record!...lol.
> The other part I have questions on is how do I get the output to tv all
> the time as when it's complete it will not have a monitor hooked up?
> I bought the pvr 350 cause it has tv out.
> Will xorg x display there all the time through the pvr 350 card even for
> kde?
You need to change the X setup to include the ivtv-fb driver thing.  I dont
use Xorg, but got it working so you can probably do the same thing.
Essentially you need to make the layout in X use the TVOut and the TV instead
of the monitor.  I got mine to span once... half on the monitor, half on the
screen but had a lot of lockups that way.

> P.S. I did manage to get the mysql backend and frontend to work just not
> the card.

Your half way there.  I run Gentoo, but loosely followed the Jarod's guide and
also a lot of info from the gossamer archives.

> All links help and suggestions will be appreciated.
> I can be reached via skype as djash34.

Excellent.